Thursday, February 10, 2011

For The Love of Wine

I have this activity that I like to do at least once a week called Drink Wine. I may not even finish a glass, but I sure do love it. Like tea, I find a nice glass of wine rather comforting. I love how it looks, all pretty and shiny in a glass. I get all wine enthusiast and lift the glass up to my nose to sniff for notes and tanines. I like a fruity wine, nothing too dry, or expensive--I'm the only drinker in the house. My favorite bottle is less than $10 and it's pure heaven: a nice fruity, Australian shiraz by Mad Bay. I also love Layer Cake's shiraz. too.
I'm a red drinker during the winter, and switch to white during the Spring and Summer. I love sharing a glass with a friend at a cozy bar. Nothing beats a glass during a fantastic meal out with my husband, or on a warm summer night on the deck while reading a book, or by the ocean, or at Book Club, or after yoga, or in a closet : ) I channel Julia Child's and pour wine into risottos, chicken dishes, or marinaras that call for a sturdy red. Wine is like a nice, warm internal blanket that unravels the stress and demands for you to be in the moment. I'll do anything to stay warm and present these days, so tomorrow I'm off to the The Wine House for Wine Fridays. Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! There is nothing quite like a great glass of wine!

BeWellMama said...

Aint that the truth : )